Monday, January 4, 2010

Flight Frenzy..


I do stuff like…

Have to pay $150 extra for a suitcase that weighs over 50 lbs. Then get informed that I can only take one item, yes one item, AKA no personal item on the flight so there goes my pillow and blanket. I had to SHOVE my purse into my backpack that was already stuffed undoubtedly as full as possible but I realized anything would fit as long as you push hard enough. So thankful that fit. Then while boarding the plane (which had four seats to a row) we were told people would have to go check their carry on bags because the plane was too small to hold everything. I walked prayerfully up to line and smiled at the kind airplane lady who winked at me and just told me to take my bag and enjoy my flight. Kayla and I were not supposed to sit by each other but right before the plane took off a woman with a baby asked if I would mind switching with her so of course I said no problem and shimmied over to her seat to find Kayla in the seat next to my new one so we got to take off and fly together from Omaha to Chicago. God is good.

Now in Chicago looking for terminal 4, unbeknownst to me there is no such thing, the map I had looked at was old and they now had a new international terminal… 5. So after receiving three different sets of directions we just hopped onto an elevator. The two men in the elevator asked us where we were headed, while giggling I told them I didn’t really know. We talked to them and it turned out that they were going to the same terminal we were and just so happened to know exactly where they were going. Again … God is good. Onward to security, the line was massive so we just patiently took our place thankful that we had time to spare. After getting through the metal detector I was directed into a giant clear box in the middle of security where I was unpleasantly patted down. Needless to say they found nothing on me so I was off to gather my belongings, which consisted of my overstuffed backpack, my tennis shoes, my scarf and coat, and my laptop “carefully placed in a tray all by itself”. Then it was off to find my gate and some sort of food to hold me over for the next fourteen hours.

I also do stuff like…

Get my named called over the speaker at the gate, so I go up there thinking I had was going to get patted down again or something. But instead she takes my passport and ticket and does her thing on the computer, then I’m alarmed to see her rip up my ticket!! But before I could ask anything she handed me a new one and said someone requested your seat in Economy so do you mind flying in Business? Do I mind?! Of course I don’t mind, who would mind?! The Lord has already proven that he is taking care of me and that he has a sense of humor; I turned to Kayla and told her what happened and the new seat I was given, 02b Class C. She thought I was joking so I showed her my ticket and she gasped and held up hers… 02d Class C. Shall I say it yet again… God is SO good.

I do other stuff like…

Fly on a plane that runs late so I have to sprint through the Copenhaugen airport in Denmark, which is HUGE, to get to my gate on the other side. Along the way I encountered security twice and a passport verification but was able to get to the gate right as the last few people were boarding. So I told them that Kayla was coming and we both made it on the plane sweaty but on time.

4 comments:

  1. That is so incredible! Can't wait to see what else God is going to surprise you with while you are in Norway. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi kels! oh my goodness. this was such a stressful story. but, you're right- God is good!

    i'll be praying for you!

    ps. just found out this morning that you have this blog- i'm so glad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for blogging! I feel like I am talking to you when I read your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wanna adventure!! better than sittin listening to weathers talk like he is cool!!

    ReplyDelete